About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Thursday 26 January 2012

Thankful Thursday

I NEED Thankful Thursday today. After teetering on the edge of tantrum territory since 4am, today is one of those days when a time out to look for the good stuff is a necessity!

Thankful Thursday aims to remind myself, and others, that although shit happens, there are still good things in life, even if they're just little things, that we can't forget to focus on.

My three things to be thankful for on this Thankful Thursday are:

1. New work opportunities - Through my yoga class I have reconnected with a lady in town who runs an education centre. She is interested in offering Bislama language classes (the national language of Vanuatu) and has asked me to run them. Only an hour or two a week, but it'll keep me out of trouble (and the extra cash won't hurt either)!

2. My gardener - Who, with minimal fuss and instruction, has our garden looking better than it has for years! At nearly half an acre, and in tropical climes, looking after the garden is no mean feat. The previous gardener only ever did the bear minimum (if that), so it's nice to have someone with initiative and pride in their work doing the job!

3. Metamucil - For helping to relieve me from the agony of pregnancy related bloat and "discomfort". Seriously, it's the shizzle!

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think!