One dear friend of mine called on Thursday to say that she had unearthed her sons cot from 20 odd years ago, and offered it to us! And another friend called me yesterday to offer some toys, a super schmick pram, a "possum pack", and a toddler car seat, all for a bargain basement price as she has decided to return to Australia and doesn't want to carry too much stuff back with her! AND The Man's mother called to say that she and her husband would be away around the time of the birth for a month nd they have offered us his house to stay in while they're away, effectively reducing our accomodation bill in Melbourne by half!!
Suddenly I feel like the universe hasn't got it in for me afterall, and I have been reduced to tears by people's kindness and generosity!
On a Summary Sunday note:
- How far along?: 19 weeks 1 day
- How big is bub?: According to What to Expect and my Pregnancy Lite app, Our Monster is about the size of a mango or large orange, and weighs between 230 and 240 grams.
- Weight gain?: Still nada... still loitering around the same mark. I thought I'd put on about half a kilo, but a few days later it was gone... seems to be more bloat and poos than anything! I've had a few people this week who didn't know I was pregnant tell me how much weight I've lost! And another few people have said that I don't look pregnant. It seems that to some people I look pregnant, to others I'm just looking pudgy!
- Stretch marks?: Still no change, but I am excited at the prospect of having my stretchmark collection added to by someone other than Mr McDonalds!
- Maternity clothes?: Not yet, but I do need to buy some new swimmers! And maybe some maternity bras... underwire is uncomfortable in the evenings.
- Sleep?: Early to bed and very early to rise.
- Best moment last week?: Feeling proper "kicks" rather than just vague "somersaulting".
- Food cravings?: I've had a couple of moments this week when i've just had to have Vegemite, and I've been eating a fruit salad everyday.
- Symptoms?: Fatigue, hyperactive sense of smell, headaches, and a few moments of tearfulness.
- Exercise?: I've swapped over to yoga classes as my stretch class has been cancelled, and they've been great. Only went twice last week, but I'm considering going in an extra day or two if I can fit it in. I keep wondering how I'll go when I reach massive fatty boombah state though! I'm also trying to do a few laps each day when I get in the pool, rather than just beaching myself on the steps!
- Gender?: It can only be one of two things!
- Movement?: We're stepping up on the movement front. Things are starting to feel a bit more purposeful!
- Belly button?: Getting shallower by the week... The Man thinks it's hilarious!
- What I miss?: Coffee.
- Labour signs?: None.
- What I'm looking forward to: Our 20 week scan (at 19 weeks and 6 days) on Friday!! Hope we can get some cool piccies to show off!!