About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Monday 9 January 2012

Gross out...

I had one of the most disgusting experiences of my life yesterday.

A few weeks ago I noticed my roll on deodorant was getting low, so while I was at the supermarket I picked up another one and put it on the bathroom vanity for when the first ran out.

Yesterday morning I had a shower, got out, dried myself off, admired my growing belly, brushed my teeth, and then I went to put on my deodorant. Finally my roll on had run out, so I grabbed the new one off the vanity, whipped the lid off and rolled the deodorant under my arms like it was going out of fashion.

Only then did it hit me. A waft of industrial strength BO came from under my right arm... and from under my left arm... and from the ball of the roll on deodorant!!!! I'm not talking "I've just been to the gym" BO, I'm talking serious "I've been sitting in my own festering sweat for a week" BO!

I couldn't take it. I didn't know whether to cry or throw up!

With tears in my eyes I threw myself back into the shower and desperately scrubbed at my poor skin to get this other persons stench off me, all while The Man stood there listening to me cry and curse and swear, trying to suppress his giggles and amusement at the situation.

What we think happened is that weeks ago before I bought the roll on, some disgusting human being at the supermarket decided to roll the deodorant over their stinky, sweaty underarms and kindly put it back on the shelf for someone to buy. And I was the fool that ended up with it!

Took the shine right off my Sunday that did!

I have resolved never to buy roll on again. I don't care about CFC's and aerosols ruining the environment, as of yesterday I'm not buying anything else!!!

3 comments:

Tell me what you really think!