About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Thursday 5 January 2012

Thankful Thursday

I had a whole post prepared for today about how sick I was of some people in my life, and how I was preparing to start culling "negative" people from mine and my baby's life.
All in all, it in itself was a very "not happy Jan" post, and quite clearly reflected the crap week I've been having, and the fact that "the black dog" has started following me around again in the couple of days.

As a result I've decided that I need to change my behaviour and take some time out each day to reflect, and make up a list of things I am thankful for, rather than wallowing in the crap that can so quickly feast on your soul.

So, every Thursday I am going to post three things from my weekly list to share with you and remind me, and hopefully others, that while shit may still happen, there are still good things in the world!

Here are my three things for this Thankful Thursday (Please take a moment to appreciate the alliteration! LOL!):
  1. I am thankful for my twice weekly stretch class to help me feel fitter and more centred.
  2. I am thankful for music. Sometimes a carefully selected piece of music can be just as helpful as a therapy session!
  3. I am thankful for The Man, who is my rock, my sounding board, and my best friend. He helps me keep all the pieces together.
What are you thankful for this Thursday?

1 comment:

  1. I love that you've linked the 'not happy Jan' to wikipedia. I love that 'not happy Jan' is explained on wikipedia. So funny. On a serious note though, the link between gratitude and well being is something that I find really interesting. Today I'm grateful for good neighbours and holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think!