About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Monday 23 January 2012

Summary Sunday (on a Monday)!

A bit of a delay to Summary Sunday thanks to our trip to Melbourne for our 20 week scan!
I have a complete human being, of undetermined gender, gestating away inside me! Thanks to our fabulous scan, no one will ever be able to call our sweet child spineless, brainless, or heartless!

We also had a great weekend catching up with The Man's family, including his beautiful, chubby little niece!

Anywho... On to this weeks summary!
  1. How far along?: 20 weeks 2 days
  2. How big is bub?: As of our scan on Friday, bub was weighing in at 339g. And according to my Pregnancy Lite App, bub is about 25cms long.
  3. Weight gain?: It has started... I got on the scales today to find that I've gained nearly 2.5 kgs in the last fortnight. That seems like too much too fast to me, but hopefully it's mostly baby aand baby stuff.
  4. Stretch marks?: I've been using nut body butter for the past few weeks and I haven't noticed any new ones yet!
  5. Maternity clothes?: Given that the bump has popped, I have succumbed! I bought a couple of maternity singlets and bras yesterday, along with some maternity yoga pant things that were on sale. They are super comfortable! And The Man looked delighted when he heard the magic words "G Cup" in the bra shop!
  6. Sleep?: I wish I'd had more over the weekend. I took to having a nap in the car when we were driving which has left me with an awfully sore neck.
  7. Best moment last week?: I was going to save it for Photographic Phriday, but this hard won photo sums up my best moment of the week!! How wonderful it was to see Our Monster, hear the heart beat (for the first time), and find out that everything is where it should be! We're still not very cooperative when it comes to scans and photos, so that makes this photo even more special!
  8. Our Monster, showing a strong resemblance to Daddy.
  9. Food cravings?: I was desperate for a kebab when we got off the plane on Thursday! Not really any other cravings as such, and I still have incidents of food apathy. But my appetite is back along with my sweet tooth.
  10. Symptoms?: Belly ache as everything stretches. And the belly has popped!
  11. Exercise?: Back to yoga again tomorrow after only getting to one class last week!
  12. Gender?: Still no idea, but as the scan ws being done I did have the thought that it would be a girl.
  13. Movement?: We're starting to move and shake on a daily basis now! But The Man isn't feeling it as much as he'd like!
  14. Belly button?: So shallow!!! I think we're only a few weeks off the snooze button popping out!
  15. What I miss?: Still missing margaritas... But also missing fetta and goats cheese... Fetta, watermelon and mint salad... MMMMMM....
  16. Labour signs?: Nope
  17. What I'm looking forward to: This week I'm looking forward to getting back to yoga, and I'm hoping that Our Monster will start to kick a bit more for Daddy!
You may remember that last week, the bump looked like this...

This week, we've gone wild and exploded outward!

When I compare the photos I can see where the 2 kilos came from!

3 comments:

  1. That's a definite bump! How exciting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Congrats. Baby looks awesome and your bump is super cute too !

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh! what a difference :) and congrats on the successful scan. also, i know you're not in the US, but here we can get pasteurized feta and it's totally safe. maybe it's worth looking into if you haven't already?

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think!