About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Thursday 9 February 2012

Thankful Thursday

Well, we got lucky!
With cyclone Jasmine heading right for us, we battened down the hatches and put up the cyclone shutters and prepared for the worst!

The Kitchen all boarded up...

The rest of the house...

Only for her to do this...

As you can see she became a category 4 cyclone, but managed to slip past between us and Noumea, leaving Port Vila a little wind battered but unscathed.

Some of our southern islands weren't so fortunate though and the category 4 cyclone passed right over the top  of them. For a couple of the islands this is the 3rd time in 13 months that a cyclone has passed over them and crops have been damaged. It'll be a few days before we know the extent of the damage down there, and it'll probably be another week or two before relief is coordinated to get down there!

So this week on Thankful Thursday I am thankful for the following three things:
  1. I am thankful that cyclone Jasmine didn't hit us.
  2. I am thankful that i don't live in a bamboo hut (like many of the villagers do in Vanuatu), and especially not on one of the islands that Jasmine did hit. And,
  3. I am thankful for The Man and for all the wonderful things he provides for us, including food in our fridge, and a sturdy house with a strong roof over our heads.
It's Valentine's Day coming up next week and I'm looking forward to being able to show The Man and the world just how much I adore him. My awesom friend C is arriving from Sydney tomorrow and hopefully he will be able to help me pull off something special for my sweet honey!

What are you thankful for this thankful Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think!