About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Sunday 5 February 2012

Cyloney Summary Sunday

From earthquakes, to severe weather warnings, and now we have a tropical cyclone on its way for a visit. We expect TC Jasmine to reach us late Tuesday or early Wednesday, unless it blows itself out or dramatically changes direction between now and then... Actually I wouldn't mind locking down for a few days with The Man and avoiding everyone, although it shouldn't take a cyclone to get some alone time!

Onwards with today's Summary Sunday (please note it's actually on time this week)!

  1. How far along?: 22 weeks 1 day.
  2. How big is bub?: This week Our Monster is about 28cms long and should weigh just under half a kilo!
  3. Weight gain?: I'm about a kilo (give or take) over my pre-pregnancy weight now, but I feel super porky, especially now that some of my clothes, particularly my jean shorts, are being less accomodating of my growing gut!
  4. Stretch marks?: None yet. Yay cocoa butter!
  5. Maternity clothes?: I am totally in love with my Bonds maternity singlets. They make my boobs feel so comfy, although people seem to look more at my boobs when I wear them. Less accomodating wardrobe items are falling by the wayside (like the afore mentioned jean shorts) in favour of stretchy, light, non-clinging items.
  6. Sleep?: Patchy last week. Some days I feel like I could sleep forever and others I just can't sleep no mater how hard I try!
  7. Best moment last week?: Having been so caught up with work it seems like that is the only thing that has comprised my whole last week. It was nice to feel bubs tumbling and kicking away as I spent my days knocking over lesson plans for my new language course.
  8. Food cravings?: I'm struggling with food again. Seeming to gravitate towards potato chips and the occasional chocolate, everything else is hit or miss. Although I had a very nice piece of toast with Vegemite and avocado on it!
  9. Symptoms?: I'm reflux central this week!
  10. Exercise?: Still going with th yoga, but I kinda feel like I should be doing something else...
  11. Gender?: Still a surprise.
  12. Movement?: Still rumbling and tumbling, although Our Monster gave me a bit of a scare this morning when we weren't up and kicking at our usual time! At least one of us got a sleep in!
  13. Belly button?: Shallow.
  14. What I miss?: Goats cheese.
  15. Labour signs?: None.
  16. What I'm looking forward to: I'm looking forward to the start of my Bislama language courses this week. I'm going to be running two a week for 10 weeks. Tomorrow morning we'll know whether or not all the effort on lesson plans etc will pay off! Hopefully too I may get some cyclone induced downtime with The Man, which would be really good, especially considering he has once again worked  much of the weekend!
Here's a picture of my rocking pot belly! I'm looking rather portly!

Have a great week everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Gee, mother nature is keeping things interesting for you! I miss goats cheese too! Hope your language classes go well!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think!