About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Wednesday 7 December 2011

In the beginning...

It's been nearly 9 weeks since I found out I'm pregnant. Nearly 9 weeks since I peed on that little stick.

9 weeks of not drinking "due to a tummy bug".
9 weeks of being too tired to do anything "due to a virus".
9 weeks of "June sounds like a great time to come over for a holiday, but maybe wait until after Christmas to make the booking".
9 weeks of baldly lying to people's faces.

I'm starting to wonder when the penny is going to drop for many of them.

The Man and I were thrilled when we found out. This was a planned pregnancy after all.
He thought I would've conceived faster, given what super sperm he thinks he has. I thought it'd take longer, given my body had only been clearing a decade worth of birth control pills out of my system for a couple of months.

It would not be unfair to say that The Man is probably even more excited about this pregnancy than I am. He's done this all before, four times in fact! I on the other hand am more reserved in my pleasure given my apprehension at being a first time mother.

Hence I have decided to take to the blogging skies and put my stories, ruminations, and rubbish out there in the universe in the hope that other women may find my blog amongst the multitude, and come forward with support, advice, sympathy, and stories of their own to help assuage my fears!

At 13 and a half weeks gone there is plenty of journey ahead of me both between now and June 2012, and beyond!

Now, and I suspect even after this sprog is dropped, I can't escape the fact that I am a Mummy In Progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think!