About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Wednesday 21 December 2011

Follow up...

Yesterday I blogged about people lerning the gender of their babies and about my aversion to "gender appropriateness" or stereotyping.

From everyone's comments yesterday, it seems like most of us are on the same page when it comes to caring more about our children as human beings rather than caring about their gender, and most of us aren't keen to enforce gender stereotypes in our children's lives.

Thanks to everyone who posted their comments and opinions! It's awesome to hear how other people feel on the subject!

This morning, I logged on to my Facebook account only to see that a friend of mine had posted this link to a blog piece about how one teacher tried to combat gender bullying and stereotyping in her class in the US.

It is a fascinating read and ties in well with what I blogged about yesterday, and everyone's subsequent comments. I strongly urge anyone interested to read it.

It's nice to know that there are teachers out there who are committed to ensuring inclusivness for the students in their classes!

Let me know what you think about it!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to respond to your question about cloth diaper brands. I don't use a service and wash them myself every 2-3 days. It may work well for you to wait a month or 2 before starting on cloth because then he/she can go straight to one sizes (which they can use until potty training as they grow with your child). My 2 main brands are Fuzzibunz and Bumgenius. I also really like Rumparooz and Happy Heineys. The initial cost for cloth is high but it pays off in the end to do cloth. You can also buy used and save money that way. If you have any questions just let me know! By the way, my email is sarahar88@gmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think!