About Me

My photo
Currently growing one head, two hands, and two feet inside me, I am a Mummy In Progress. I am a registered nurse and run my own (very un-busy) business providing health education and consultancy at a community and corporate level. This blog aims to chronicle the trials and triumphs of my journey as a MIP, and help me connect with other MIP's and mothers out there!

Our Monster is coming...

Monday 12 December 2011

I cannae do it captain. I dinnae have the power!

I've been super committed to going to the gym since April.

Since April I have leapt out of bed to attend 4 - 7 classes a week, combining aerobics, circuit training, weights, dynamic pilates, and a little bit of martial arts into my routine.
Even finding out I was pregnant 9 weeks ago didn't throw much of a spanner in the works!

I was determined to maintain as much fitness as possible throughout this pregnancy, and continued with 4 or 5 gym sessions a week, albeit I becme a bit more flexible with my normal routine.

That was until about 2 weeks ago. Slowly over the last couple of weeks getting out of bed has become more and more of  a struggle, to the point where even the thought of going to the gym before midday fills me with fatigue.

I'm now down to 2 dynamic stretch sessions a week, even though I know I should be keeping up the cardio. I just can't do it! The only other time I have ever been this bone tired was when I had glandular fever years ago.

I really miss my endorphins, but I love my sleep more.
I'm hoping some of this fatigue eases off soon so that I can get back in there and get my fitness level back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think!